Thursday 25 October 2012

Rebecca writes to her son, Max



SPACE has been a huge part of your life Max.  You attended your very first SPACE session at 3 weeks old, when we went for a visit.  I can still remember that first session – we learnt about baby’s sight.  I remember coming home all inspired and making some black and white pictures to strengthen your vision.  This day out was our first outing together, just you and me!  We then joined SPACE at 9 weeks old.  I loved chatting with the Mums, sharing your achievements and learning more about your developing behavior.  You have made some special friends at SPACE and I can’t believe the amount of growth you have done throughout the SPACE course.  You have grown from a baby, lying on the mink blankets, to an active toddler running around the complex, climbing, painting, exploring and getting up to mischief (in the bathroom!).  What fun you’ve had.  During SPACE you had some of your first experiences – first time painting, crawling through a tunnel, playing with sticky slime, goop and play dough, attending your first swimming lesson and feeding lots of new animals at the Bullswool farm.  And the best part is that I have been there playing with you through it all!  I have especially loved watching your confidence grow each week at SPACE.  You went through a stage where you would sit on my knee for the first half hour before slowly venturing off around the room, returning quickly for a hug before heading off again.  Each week you got more and more confident until finally on arriving you would leave me straight away to go and play! I have loved watching your personality develop and it has been through SPACE that I have learnt more about who you are.  What a special chapter SPACE has been in our life together

1 comment:

SPACE NZ said...

Rebecca, thanks for sharing your letter to Max - what an awesome record for him :)